This forum section is for Official Announcements only.
Please refrain from making new threads in this forum. Threads created by non-moderators in this forum section are subject to deletion, regardless of topic.
In this thread you will be able to read the latest, regarding our community/help center and forums, such as new features and updates.
Some features are a work in progress and will not be immediately available. Hope you understand this.
If you have any ideas you would like to see implemented, head over to the Idea Exchange section now to submit an idea. Priority number one is to improving our community board!
Effective as from 2020-08-24
1. Contract formation
By creating a account on EXCE Community - Help Center & Forums, you confirm that any registration information that you submit to EXCE is true, accurate and complete, that you will update such information in order to keep it current, and that you agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the Guidelines. You agree to not include photos, trademarks, trade names, logos or other information in your profile that is inappropriate or offensive or that infringes privacy rights or intellectual property rights of EXCE or any of its affiliates or group companies or a third party. In addition, it is strictly prohibited to include information in your profile that suggests that you are a EXCE or Nabble employee or moderator, or otherwise pose as such an employee or moderator when using the EXCE Community - Help Center & Forums. You also acknowledge and agree that EXCE or Nabble may remove or reclaim your username at any time if EXCE in its absolute discretion considers such action appropriate.
2. Changes to the Agreement
EXCE or Nabble may make changes to this Agreement at its sole discretion. Any material changes will be communicated to you and your acceptance of and / or continued use of the EXCE Support Community - Help Center & Forums after such notification of changes to this Agreement will constitute your acceptance of such changes.
3. No official support
Information, advice or other material of any kind posted on the EXCE Community - Help Center & Forums (“Content”) is not official support provided by EXCE. For official support with account relate questions or other questions, please submit a ticket to our support service department using the support section here or directly on our community, here. You acknowledge that opinions expressed in Content in the EXCE Community - Help Center & Forums are those of contributors of such Content only and does not reflect the opinions or policies of EXCE (Excessive Creative Entertainment).
4. Content Posted and Moderation
You are responsible for all Content that you post on the EXCE Community - Help Center & Forums. EXCE or Nabble does not control and assumes no responsibility for such Content or any Content posted by other users. Any Content provided to you by EXCE employees or moderators are provided on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind.
EXCE and the Community Team/Managers will actively moderate the activity on the EXCE Community - Help Center & Forums and may remove or edit any Content for any or no reason, including, but not limited to, Content that, in EXCE’s sole discretion, violates this Agreement or the Guidelines. EXCE and the Community Team may remove or edit such Content without prior notification to the responsible user.
6. Restrictions of use
You are not allowed to post Content on the EXCE Community - Help Center & Forums which conflicts with this Section 6 or otherwise with this Agreement or the Guidelines. You acknowledge and agree that posting of such Content may result in immediate termination or suspension of your community forum account. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to, Content that, in the sole discretion of EXCE & Nabble:
1. is offensive, abusive, defamatory, pornographic, threatening, obscene;
2. is illegal, or intended to promote or commit an illegal act of any kind, including but not limited to, violations of intellectual property rights, privacy rights or proprietary rights of EXCE, Nabble or a third party;
3. includes personal data of third parties or is intended to solicit such personal data;
4. includes malicious content, such as malware, trojan horses or viruses;
5. includes your or any other user’s password;
6. involves the transmission of unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming", or junk mail, chain letter or similar;
7. involves commercial or sales activities, such as advertising, contests, sweepstakes, or pyramid schemes;
8. links or references to commercial products or services;
9. interferes with or disrupts the EXCE Community - Help Center & Forums;
10. or conflicts with the Guidelines.
7. Reward Program
The EXCE Community - Help Center & Forums features a reward system whereby EXCE and the Community Team, in its sole discretion, may reward users based on the amount of help and solutions received or quality of responses by a user. You agree to "solve" your question's to other users and only when deserved, and to refrain from any attempts to manipulate the reward system e.g. by creating multiple accounts or artificial responses. You acknowledge that EXCE’s decision in respect of any reward shall be final and binding. It can be all from permissions and rights to badges and titles.
8. Assignment by EXCE
EXCE or Nabble may assign this Agreement or any part of it without restrictions. You may not assign this Agreement or any part of it to any third party.
The below guidelines explain what behavior is expected of you and what behavior you should expect from other community members. These guidelines apply to, but are not limited to, Questions, Answers, Comments, Messages, Images and Videos, collectively named "Posts".
Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.
Users consistently posting to the wrong section may be given a warning (see policing below).
< General rules >
• Be an example of a great poster for others to follow. Post your comments, opinions and ideas in a constructive and respectful way. Don’t be afraid to jump in and add to a conversation. Introduce yourself. Meet people.
• Post in the correct section. This is very important. Never post support requests in the General Discussions section, because uh, that's for general talk! Reserve the bug report section for issues that you are *really* convinced that they are bugs, and not just a support request.
• Use only English or Swedish language. As much as we love to, we can't understand every single language there is out there. Nor does everybody else in the forum. Topics written in swedish will be answered in swedish and you can only post these in the Support section in correct category.
• Use a descriptive topic title. Your topic title should be a short, one-liner summary of your post content. Don't post a generic title like "Help!" or try to solicit help as quickly as possible by writing something like "Urgent!! The world will end if you don't help me in 1.25 seconds!". Titles like that will never make your queries responded to any faster, and they are admonished in any forum. Use an appropriate, descriptive subject when posting a new topic. Do not use caps in the topic subject. Example: "HELP ME!!". Threads like that, will be removed directly or be locked.
Examples of inappropriate thread titles:
• “Help me” “I need help” “I have a question” “READ ME” “URGENT”
• “WTF” either in abbreviation or fully written out
• Swearing of any sort
• Explain what kind of problem you are having. Simply saying something doesn't work is not enough. Explain in what way doesn't it work, and if there's any error messages, etc. Also, always include the URL if the problem is on another website, regarding our products/projects. Keep a thread as constructive as possible. Try to include as much detail as possible and don't be rude.
Examples of inappropriate content:
• Excessive ranting
• Vulgar language
• Attacks on other community users
• Do not include personal details. Post nothing personal here, such as, emails, passwords, etc etc. Anyone can easily see your posts and content.
• Report problematic users. Don't give possible hackers, exploiters, stat-padders or otherwise problematic users attention on the forums. This includes, but is not limited to, creating topics about them, mocking them, generally discussing them and/or posting their user names.
• No one gets favored. Don't use attention seekers. What's an attention seeker, you ask? Using an Administrator or Moderator’s name in your topic, for example. You don't need to add our name(s) in your thread title, nor use all CAPS to get our attention.
< Conduct >
• Inappropriate content. You are not allowed to post inappropriate content in a thread or on someone else's post. Is not permitted, at all. Remember. This board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
Dissemination of inappropriate material will result served as excluded from the forum page. It is repeated, it will result in a permanent exclusion.
Do not post or use profanity or any creative form of bypassing the word filters.
• When you're asking for help, it's important to be nice. Criticism is okay as long as you say it politely. Haters, trolls, swearers, etc. may be banned immediately without warning.
• Don't spam. Ever. Continuing the spam specific guideline: Everyone likes to be able to read forums without going blind. Please refrain from posting spam, or other "nonsense" which serves no purpose. This includes "Cool story bro", "lolumad?" etc, images and click to grow pets and other such websites, ascii drawings, excessive or unneeded use of upper case letters, posting "First" and "Second" solely to show that you are one of the first to comment, seizure inducing animate gifs and overuse of bright coloured text, excessively gory or violent images, this includes, but is not limited to meaningless or unproductive posts or replies (see Flaming). Also, unless you are creating a guide, tutorial or event with multiple consecutive posts any and all "/reserved" posts will be removed and you may receive a warning and a suspension. See specific item on spam and 3rd party linking for more information.
• Do not flame. Please do not try and provoke anyone into a fight. This includes posting condescending remarks or following people and replying to them to fuel a rivalry or continuing a discussion after it has gone downhill. Other people will have different opinions than yours, that's their right. Don't flame someone for disagreeing with you.
• Trolling. Everyone wants to comment on something, and feel free to use the forums to interact with the topics that interest you. But please do not troll these forums.
Some examples that are considered trolling:
• Posting replies just for the sake of posting.
• Posting comments irrelevant to the topic.
• Posting to simply add to the thread count.
• Posting to beg for free items from others.
• Posting lolcats and fail images because someone said something that was wrong.
• Posting poorly formatted text to stand out or make a point.
• Don't go on expecting your queries to be answered within a few minutes of you posting it. Even though sometimes we're extra awesome and do answer you within a few minutes, please keep in mind that this is a support forum, and that some are volunteering their precious time to help you out.
• The moderating, support and other teams. Reserve the right to edit, remove or put on moderation queue any post at any time. Please note that currently any very first post is automatically placed in the moderation queue and will be approved/disapproved according to the present Rules. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.
• Please do not be rude. Insult, berate or comment upon anything personal to do with Admins, EXCE, Community Managers or any other person who happens to post on this forum. Attacks against administrators, moderators and members are not allowed in the public forums or in private messages. If you think someone is wrong, it may be because they are new; don't jump on them. Please be tactful and be civil.
• Signatures. Signatures may be a very personal part of yourself on the forums but you must take into consideration other players using the forums. That is why under no circumstances may signatures contain any abusive, racist or sexual language or imagery. You are also not allowed to call out other players or name and shame them in your signature.
• No seizure inducing, flashing, offensive, sexual or otherwise disturbing images are allowed, this includes but is not limited to optical illusions and images containing regular changes in colour and/or contrast, just because it doesn’t hurt your eyes doesn’t mean it can’t hurt other people’s eyes.
• No stealing or borrowing artwork of others is allowed, unless the owner has explicitly given you permission to use said artwork.
• Don't advertise. This is a community forum, not a place to peddle your site/wares. You can leave the blatant ad space filling to us. This also includes links to websites that get users to generate hit counts, offer prizes for joining or attempt to lure users to sell or offer unlicensed EXCE products or software. Advertising pay-to-play gaming sites, products or items for sale, referral links or advert links/images in forum signatures, avatars posts, blogs, profiles or messages is not permitted either.
< Actions with Zero-Tolerance >
• Religions, National Hatred, etc. Posts that negatively portray religions or promote national hatred, either clear and/or masked and/or links to websites containing this type of language will result in a permanent ban. Posts that stereotype based on country, race or religion are unacceptable. Quotes, posts, avatars or signatures that are posted to provoke others for any reason will be removed and the user will be banned.
• Impersonating EXCE employees or Community Managers. Impersonating anyone from EXCE or a Community Manager/Moderators will result in a permanent ban. Only vetted EXCE staff or EXCE partners are permitted to use EXCE or "at ExcCreEnt" (Excessive Creative Entertainment) on their username.
• Posting Piracy Info, Hacks or Trojans. Posting links to torrents, hacks, illegal material, or viruses will result in an immediate ban. Asking for serial numbers or keys for illegally obtained copies of software/programs will not be tolerated and will result in a ban.
Note: even the discussion of piracy and illegal torrents and the naming of sites related to these activities is also forbidden on the EXCE Community board and will result in a ban.
• Multiple Accounts. Those who continue to make additional accounts whether to get around a ban or to pose as different EXCE Community users will have all accounts closed.
• Pornography. Linking to, and the posting of, images related to or depicting pornography will result in the immediate and permanent banning of the member's EXCE Community account without chance for appeal. Naming sites linked to or associated with pornography is also forbidden and will result in a ban. Photos or images from global advertising campaigns or TV shows are not permitted and will result in moderation and possible ban.
Official EXCE members and Community Managers are empowered to make decisions and appropriate judgment calls as to what does and does not fall into these categories and will take any necessary action based on these guidelines.
The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
Failure to follow these guidelines can result in your posts being moved, locked or deleted, and may get your access privilege temporarily or permanently removed.
The EXCE Community Guidelines are subject to change and evolve without notice.