How do I search for information around the community & forums?
To search in the Community, enter your search in the search field and click Search. A page of search results will be displayed. Browse the search results in the same manner you would a message board.
To perform a more in-depth search, click the Advanced link next to the Search button. Here, you can limit your query to a specific board, specific parts of the message (subject vs. body), and other advanced parameters.
How does auto-suggest work?
Auto-suggest accelerates your search by displaying results as you type search terms. When you see the post or user you're looking for, just click it.
How do I search for posts?
You can search for posts and knowledge base articles at any level of the community. When you type a search term, the system automatically searches at the current level. For example, if you're on the community front page, the system searches the entire community. If you're looking at a forum or blog page, the system searches that forum (and the associated knowledge base, if any) or blog.
Tip: Searches for posts always include relevant knowledge bases. However, you can also search just in knowledge bases.
To search for posts:
1. Choose the scope of the search in the drop down list to the left of the Search button.
You can search at the current level and above in the community.
2. Start typing the search term.
Auto-suggest shows the topics that match the term you're typing.
Tip: You can enter the full search term, or use an asterisk as a wildcard in your search.
3. If you don't see the term you're looking for in the auto-suggest list, click Search to see the full search results.
When you get your search results, you can use the filters on the left side of the page to limit the results as needed.
How do I search for people?
1. Use the search box. You can either use the Advanced search or just search.
2. Start typing the name of an individual user or the name of a rank.
Auto-suggest shows the names of users who match the name you're typing. When you enter a rank, auto-suggest lists all users who have that rank.
Tip: You can enter the full user or rank name, or use an asterisk as a wildcard in your search.
3. If you don't see the user you're looking for in the auto-suggest list, click Search to see the full search results.